Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Will it be? Yes, it will.

There are times in life when we desperately want a change. We want that change so bad and so deep down that we think we are ready for it. Most of the time, even though we think we are ready, we’re really not. A perfect example of this would be a basic change in some type of daily/weekly activity or habit…smoking, exercising, putting the clothes away instead of living out of the dryer, etc.

But then there are times in life when not only do we desperately want that change, but we feel it coming. Something is different. Something is off…but in a good way. Your mind set changes. The way you have lived your daily life has suddenly shot into another direction. Your priorities become different.

Up until now, that has only happened to me once before and that was 8 years ago. I moved to Nashville a year later.

About 4 months ago…I started to feel internally like something was different. This wasn’t just, “Oh I long to have things be different and here’s what I’m gonna do to make that happen” (and then not follow through of course). This was something bigger. And as the days have gone by since then, that feeling has only gotten stronger.

It sounds cheesy but I know (cosmically) that something life changing is headed my direction. I just feel it in my gut. What is the change that is headed my way? Not a clue. But it’s coming. And my guess is that it will be presenting itself very soon. I can promise you this, my life WILL be completely different by the end of 2010. This is my year. I can feel it from my head to my toes. And you can quote me on that.

So, DJ…cue my new theme song:



‘Something’s Coming’ (from the West Side Story soundtrack) by Jim Bryant:

Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!

Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's a miracle due,
Gonna come true,
Coming to me!

Could it be? Yes, it could.
Something's coming, something good,
If I can wait!
Something's coming, I don't know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be great!

With a click, with a shock,
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock,
Open the latch!
Something's coming, don't know when, but it's soon;
Catch the moon,
One-handed catch!

Around the corner,
Or whistling down the river,
Come on, deliver
To me!
Will it be? Yes, it will.
Maybe just by holding still,
It'll be there!

Come on, something, come on in, don't be shy,
Meet a guy,
Pull up a chair!
The air is humming,
And something great is coming!
Who knows?
It's only just out of reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Maybe tonight . . .

No comments: